QSV video encoding acceleration has been added as an option in the latest releases of JIPEncoder, JCapture and JPlayout. The option offers integrated Intel® Quick Sync Video (QSV) encoding acceleration for AVC/H.264 video encoding compression. The Intel QSV video encoding acceleration allows significantly increased number of instances running on a single hardware system, which perform AVC/H.264 video encoding, either for capturing or streaming. The new option brings the benefit from the optimized and multi-threaded software-based video encoding.
Furthermore, the Intel QSV video encoding acceleration option provides much faster AVC/H.264 video encoding than is possible on a CPU alone. This is done by integrating hardware acceleration running on Graphics Processors (GPUs). Graphics Processors are highly parallelized processors capable of running thousands of threads simultaneously. By taking advantage of these parallel processors, video can be encoded much faster while in the same time the CPU is being significantly offloaded. The immediate advantage of GPU acceleration is the ability to add more channels on a single server/PC.
Intel QSV AVC/H.264 Video encoding option features:
- Hardware-based encoding compatible with Intel® CPU’s, starting from 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Bit rate control (CBR, VBR, CQP).
- Selectable profiles up to High Profile.
- Selectable levels up to Level 5.1.
- Bit rate support up to Level 5.1 restriction (288 Mbps).
- 4:2:0 chroma sampling
- Strict HRD restrictions compliance.
- Configurable GOP structure (I, P and B frames in different combinations).
- Configurable motion estimation (number of reference frames).
- Adaptive GOP structure.
- Configurable number of slices.
- Configurable RD optimization (fastest speed, best quality, balanced quality and speed).
- Wide range of RGB and YUV input color spaces supported
Jongate’s Intel QSV AVC/H.264 video encoding acceleration option provides access to a high-performance software encoder, specifically optimized for Intel processor micro-architectures. From the existing GPU computing standards for parallel processing Jongate decided on integrating H.264/AVC Encoder for Intel® Quick Sync Video (QSV) which provides easy access to dedicated video processing in 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors and newer. For the full list of Intel® Core™ Processors which support Intel® Quick Sync Video please refer here:
For more information about the Intel QSV technology, please follow the link:
Coming soon: More great features are already in development.
Stay tuned for our future updates and new releases.
Follow our company’s pages on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn! Never miss an important update from us.