for SD/HD SDI, HDMI and IP
Built-in Graphics and IP Streaming
JPlayout is a powerful SD, HD and 3D multi-screen playout solution. The playout solution allows broadcasters to deliver their branded content to any device – TV sets, desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones. It supports different digital media formats, compressions, resolutions and frame rates mixed into a single playlist. The playout performs real-time video rescaling, video frame rate conversion and audio re-sampling to provide an unified output format.
The multi-screen playout solution supports trimming source file with cue-in and cue-out media points. Logo insertion is provided for easy TV channel branding.
Built-in Gaphics overlay as well as IP Encoder and Streaming – for more details read the corresponding sections below.
Some of the supported formats are MPEG-2, MXF, MP4, AVI, HEVC/H.265, AVC/H.264, DV CPRO 25/50/100, MPEG-4, JPEG 2000, AAC, MPEG Audio, XDCAM, HDV, QuickTime and more.
JPlayout is an easy-to-integrate multi-screen playout solution for OTT and TVE broadcasters, TV channels, satellite centers, webcasting and pay-per-view TV channels. It supports the full range of BlackMagic Design playout cards. The playout provides the ability to output through SD SDI, HD SDI, HDMI, NDI, Composite, Component, IP, UDP, RTP, HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) and MPEG-DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP).
JPlayout’s Input/Output Scheme
- Vast variety of output format resolutions and frame rates, from SD up to Full HD, including 3D
- Delivery to any device – TV sets, connected and mobile devices
- Output interfaces: SD-SDI, HD-SDI, 6G-SDI, IP (UDP, RTP, HLS – HTTP Live Streaming, MPEG-DASH – Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP), HDMI, Composite, Component
- Mixed file formats, with different compressions, resolutions and frame rates in one playlist
- On-the-fly rescaling and frame rate conversion to one output resolution and frame rate
- On-the-fly audio re-sampling to fit the selected output audio format
- Container supported: MPEG-TS/PS, MP4, QT, MXF, AVI, ASF/WMV, P2, AVC HD, Sony XDCAM, XAVC
- Video compressions supported: MPEG-1/2, AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265, DV, DVCPRO 25/50/100, MPEG-4, JPEG 2000
- Mixed Playout output of NDI, IP and SDI
- Live source input via SDI card
- Live source input via IP – UDP, RTP, RTMP, RTSP, HLS and MPEG-DASH
- Direct integration with Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, vMix, Skype and other software capturing, encoding and streaming solutions
- Built-in graphics & graphics editor
- Manual video resize of the produced output
- Manual and automated graphic preset control
- Audio compressions supported: PCM, MPEG Audio Layer I/II/III, AAC, WMA, WAV
- On-the-fly playlist editing
- Audio volume metering and control
- File trimmer for clip trimming
- Built-in streaming of MPEG TS via UDP/RTP with AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265 or MPEG-2, AAC or MPA
- Built-in HLS – HTTP Live Streaming
- Built-in DASH – Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP
- Built-in Intel QSV AVC/H.264 Video Encoder Acceleration for Streaming
- Logo editor for logo insertion
- Automation with watch folder & daily playlist
- Subtitles support
- SMIL export from playout
- Playback seek control for VTR-like control
- GPI control
- REST API for external monitoring and control as well as for integration with third party systems
Encoder & IP streaming built-in
JIPEncoder is built-in in the playout solution. This enables the JPlayout to encode and stream via UDP, RTP live streaming, NDI, HLS – HTTP Live Streaming and MPEG-DASH – Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP. The JIPEncoder takes the JPlayout output, performs video and audio compression, multiplexes in MPEG Transport Stream or fragmented MP4 and streams it out via selected network interface and IP protocol.
The IP streaming process can be controled separately from the main playout in manual mode. The streaming process can be also automated through the JIPEncoder scheduler automation module. The separation of the IP streaming process from the main playout solution enables simultaneous SDI and IP output.
Graphics overlay built-in
Our easy to use graphics overlay designer JGraphics is now built-in in the playout solution. The graphics overlay is applied on the input video stream and then encoded and multiplexed into the captured media file.
Supported graphics elements are Text, Image, Image Sequence, Crawl and Roll. Font, color, outline, transparency can be controled for each element. Live graphics editing mode is available. Video pass-through with graphical overlay mode is supported.
Some of the natively supported media formats
|AVC HD||AVC/H.264 Video||AAC Audio|
|MPEG-1||HEVC/H.265 Video||MPEG Audio Layer I|
|MPEG-2 Program & Transport Stream||MPEG-4 Video||MPEG Audio Layer II|
|MOV & MP4||MPEG-1/2 Video||MPEG Audio Layer III|
|MXF Generic||DVSD Video||WAV Audio|
|Sony XDCAM & XAVC||DV CPRO 25||PCM|
|Panasonic P2||DV CPRO 50||WMA|
|ASF & WMV||DV CPRO 100 (DV HD)|
|AVI||JPEG 2000 & MJPEG|
Minimum system requirements
- Pentium 3 class CPU
- 512 MB RAM
- 800×600 screen resolution
- 500 MB hard drive space
- BlackMagic DeckLink card (optional for SDI, HDMI, Composite and Component output)
Supported operating systems
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
1. Make sure the system and operating system requirements are fulfilled.
2. Uninstall all previous product versions you may have installed on your computer.
3. Download the latest release version and install it by double clicking the installation package.